(under the class definition) Article* which has as its
intended function only the temporary embellishment or adornment of a place or thing in connection with a particular event (e.g., Halloween, birthday party, Christmas, etc.).
(1) Note. A patent directed to a disclosure of an obvious abstraction of a simulated or modified natural article (e.g., planar paper cutout, etc.) may be found in this or an indented subclass.
(2) Note. The occasion may be festive or somber.
(3) Note. Wreaths are considered to be special occasion ornaments for indented subclass 10.
(4) Note. This subclass is the locus for artificial Christmas trees unless provided for in an indented subclass.
(5) Note. A patent directed to an occasion ornament in the form of a web* or sheet* (e.g., festoon, streamer, etc.) will be placed in the appropriate stocks material subclasses of this class (428). SEE OR SEARCH CLASS
40, Card, Picture, or Sign Exhibiting, appropriate subclasses, for related structure generally used in an advertising display; and see
446+, thereof, for a display ornament including a mobile element.
229, Envelopes, Wrappers, and Paperboard Boxes,
116.1+, for a paperboard box including a decoration or novelty feature.
446, Amusement Devices: Toys, appropriate subclasses for similarly constructed devices which are differentiated from ornaments by the intended interaction between the user and toy.